How can beauty stores be established as bona fide trendsetting establishments? Take this advice from the award-winning AVEYOU.com and Belmar, New Jersey-based AVEYOU Beauty Boutique CEO Brian J. Esposito and head beauty consultant Lisa Esposito.
- Keep up to date with fashion magazines—fashion and beauty go hand in hand. Browse through the “beauty bibles”: NewBeauty, InStyle, Elle, Glamour, Vogue, Lucky and Allure.
- Use the Internet. It’s a great tool to find the latest and future trends. Follow popular beauty blogs, and read reviews and comments about wants and needs in the industry.
- Take some risk and have fun with your product mix and services.
- Earn customers’ trust by informing them of what’s in—and, more importantly, by suggesting products that are right for them and will achieve positive results.
- Stay in the social loop by engaging with customers through Yelp, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Watch shows such as the “Today” show, “Dr. Oz Show,” “What Not to Wear,” “The View,” “Good Morning America” and “Ellen,” which are dedicating more segments to style, fashion, beauty and health.
- If you’re going to be in beauty, give it your all and ensure that your customers walk away feeling gorgeous!