Wondering what apps are already available to help consumers shop? Check out some of the most popular ones, according to PCWorld.
- The Red Laser app allows customers to scan an item’s barcode and check prices from online and local retailers for a comparison.
- Geolocation app Shopkick lets customers collect points and redeem rewards depending on which stores they visit.
- The Coupon Sherpa app is a searchable coupon database that allows customers to ditch coupon stacks.
- Key Ring (keyringapp.com) scans and stores all store loyalty reward cards so they’re all in one place and easily accessible.
- The CompareMe app lets consumers compare the price difference between purchasing one item or that same item in bulk.
- Google Shopper does a bit of everything, from scanning barcodes to showing a deal of the day to searching products via voice input.
- Buzzillions gives users access to thousands of user reviews with the swipe of a barcode. ■
Liz Barrett is a freelance writer and editor based in Oxford, MS.
[Photo credit: istockphoto.com]