Cosmoprof Asia 2017 will be awarding the most innovative products in beauty during its 22nd edition in November. Cosmoprof Asia, hosting perfumery and cosmetics, natural and organic, beauty salon, hair, nail and accessories, will take place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre November 15-17. Cosmopack Asia, which hosts supply chain categories, including ingredients, contract manufacturing, machinery and packaging, will be held at the AsiaWorld-Expo November 14-16.
This year’s awards consist of the Innovation Circle Awards, which were presented for the first time last year, and award excellence in formulation and packaging; and the inaugural Beauty Circle Awards, which will celebrate creativity and marketing strategy success. Show organizers are working with Beautystreams to organize both events. Beautystreams will also design the display area for the finalists’ products. Centdegrés will design the trophies.
The theme inspiring the display area and the selection of the best entries for the Innovation Circle Awards will be "Nightscape." Its five categories are The Make-Up Formula Award, including color cosmetics and nails; The Skincare Formula Award, including skin care, hair, toiletries and personal care; The Skincare Packaging Technology Award, including skin care, hair, toiletries and personal care; The Make-Up Packaging Technology Award, including color cosmetics and nails; The Packaging Design Award, including color cosmetics, nails, skin care, hair, toiletries, personal care and fragrances; and a Special Jury Award will be presented to the best among the finalists in terms of innovation, creativity, sustainability and execution.
Judges for the Innovation Circle Awards include:
• Andrea Alvares – NATURA (Brazil)
• Elie Papiernick – CENTDEGRÉS (France)
• Joyce Kim – NYX COSMETICS (USA)
• Julia Wray – SPC (UK)
• Kilala Tilaar – MARTHA TILAAR GROUP (Indonesia)
• Lan Vu – BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
• Luc Berriet – FIRMENICH (Singapore)
• Lyla Wu - NEUNI GROUP (China)
• Masa Cui – MARIE DALGAR (China)
• Oonagh Phillips – BW CONFIDENTIAL (France)
• Sam Cheow – L’ORÉAL (USA)
• Sarina Godin – BUTTER LONDON (USA)
• Seung-chuel Kim – TONYMOLY (Korea)
• Stephane Colleu – DR BRANDT SKINCARE (USA)
• Xiaojing Huang – YANG DESIGN (China)
The award categories for the Beauty Circle Awards are The Make-Up Product Award, which includes face-complexion, eyes and lips products; The Skincare Product Award, which includes face, body, sun care, personal care and toiletries; The Nail Product Award, which includes nail care, nail colour and nail art; The Hair Product Award, which includes hair care, hair color and hair styling; The Natural & Organic Award, which will extend across all categories; The Best Beauty Brand Online Award of which the recipient will be selected among the finalists of all the above categories based on product marketing impact, and the exhibitor’s capacity in brand building, promotion and cultivating relationships, social media impact, innovation and outstanding online presence.
Judges for the Beauty Circle Awards are as follows:
• Britta Fleck – GLOSSYBOX (USA)
• Carlotta Jacobsson – COSMETIC EXECUTIVE WOMEN (CEW) (USA)
• Eva Lagarde – PREMIUMBEAUTYNEWS.COM (France)
• Flynn Matthews – GOOGLE (USA)
• Jans Peter Peuckert – PARFUMERIE DOUGLAS (Germany)
• Jisu Paek – VOGUE KOREA (Korea)
• Karine Ohana – OHANA & CO (France)
• Laura Husband – PURE BEAUTY MAGAZINE (UK)
• Leslie Blair – VITALITY MAGAZINE (UK)
• Louis Houdart – CREATIVE CAPITAL (China)
• Michael Nolte – BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
• Roberto Pissimiglia – ESTETICA MAGAZINE (Italy)
• Stephanie Shiu – ASIASPA MAGAZINE (Hong Kong)
The awards competition is available to all sectors of the beauty industry attending the show. Products/projects must be submitted by Sept. 15. Finalists will be announced on Sept. 26. Winners of the Innovation Circle Awards will be announced Nov. 14 at the AsiaWorldExpo, and winners of the Beauty Circle Awards will be announced Nov. 15 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Click here for more information.
[Image: Cosmoprof Asia]