TotallyHer Media’s TotalBeauty.com, which boasts the largest database of independent beauty product reviews for women, has announced the winners of its 2015 TotalBeauty Awards. Marketed as the first and original digital beauty awards, the organization features two divisions: Editors’ Pick Awards and Readers’ Choice Awards—the latter having garnered more reader participation than ever before. Categories also include Best Standout Brands among Drugstore (mass-market), Natural and Prestige.
“As editors, it’s our mission to judge what products will change readers' lives, save them time and money or inspire and delight them. Editors’ Pick Standout Brand winners are selected because their product offerings consistently impress us across all of the categories they represent,” explained Jill Provost, editor in chief of TotalBeauty.com. “Readers' Choice Standout Brands are chosen by our readers as the names they depend on and trust most with their money, whether the product costs $3 or $300.”
For the Editors’ Pick Awards, editors painstakingly tested and reviewed thousands of submissions to find the best new innovative beauty products launched over the last year. These awards are especially important to brands seeking the TotalBeauty stamp of approval to show they’re the best in the industry. For the Readers’ Choice division of the TotalBeauty Awards, the portfolio’s 11 million monthly readers (comScore, June 2015) cast hundreds of thousands of votes for their all-time favorite products, tools and technologies. The Readers’ Choice awards are open to any beauty product currently on the market.
“The TotalBeauty Awards have always been recognized as the most reputable in the industry, but with record-breaking reader participation numbers, it’s clear that readers are more engaged than ever,” said Rebecca Schmitt, general manager of TotallyHer Media. “The addition of TotalBeauty into the TotallyHer Beauty & Style Portfolio has proven to be a great success and we are thrilled to watch them continually move forward as the true authority in online beauty publishing.”
Among the highlights of this year’s Editors’ Pick Awards were new, exciting categories and the most innovative skin, makeup, hair, body and nail products.
- Breakthrough winners cover a wide range of offerings from an under-eye bag treatment to an entire line of haircare products created by celebrity hairstylists. The standout winners: Living Proof Neotensil, which editors first heard about at the 2014 American Academy of Dermatology meeting when many dermatologists said it was the most exciting product at the conference, and Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish, one of the first gel-like polishes that dries in natural light and comes off with regular remover.
- Completely new this year is the Highlight/Contour category, which became a major trend that could not be ignored. Winner: Kevin Aucoin the Contour Book.
- This is only the second year for a dedicated Face Oil category and a Dry Shampoo category. Winners: Sisley Paris Black Rose Precious Face Oil and Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo.
- The TotalBeauty Awards do not accept any face sunscreens with SPF less than 30. The winner of Face Sunscreen SPF 30+: Dermalogica Pure Light SPF 50.
- While Makeup Remover may not seem like an exciting product, the category has seen a fair amount of innovation. Winners reflect the two biggest areas of growth—micellar waters and cleansing wipes. Winner: Japonesque Pro Performance Makeup Wipes; and Honorable Mention: Yon-Ka Eau Micellaire.
- This is the third year for the BB Creams and second year the editors are including CC Creams. Because the line between BB and CC creams has become blurred, the two categories were combined for the first time this year. Winner: Merle Norman CC Cream SPF 30.
- For skin care, readers were particularly excited about the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment in the Acne Treatment category and Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum Fragrance Free in the Anti-Aging Serum category.
- Other popular wins include Nars Blush in the Makeup category; Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Professional Effects in Oral Care category; Aveeno Skin Relief Shower & Bath Oil in the Bath Product category; and CHI Rocket Hair Dryer in the Blow Dryer category.
- The Readers’ Choice for Best Standout Drugstore Brand went to L'Oréal Paris; Best Standout Natural Brand to Burt's Bees; and Best Standout Prestige Brand was awarded to Benefit.
- The Editors’ Pick for Best Standout Drugstore Brand went to CoverGirl, due to the array of on-trend formulas and colors, bountiful options for all skin tones and inexpensive price points. Best Standout Natural Brand was awarded to Jurlique, thanks to its high-quality face, bath, body and handcare products all made with potent botanical ingredients. Best Standout Prestige Brand was given to Dolce & Gabbana for its luxe packaging; rich, pigmented makeup colors; and successful foray into skin care.
See the complete list here: 2015 TotalBeauty Awards
[Image courtesy of TotalBeauty]