I’m back from the 10thCosmoprof North America July 22-24 in Las Vegas, and here are 20 things I now know.
1. Officially, the trade show featured 856 exhibiting companies on a sold-out show floor along with more than 25,000 attendees—a 9% increase over 2011.
2. CPNA 2012 hosted PBA Beauty Week from the Professional Beauty Association, featuring the North American Hairstyling Awards, PBA Symposium and BEACON. All three events saw a record number of attendees. More than 3,000 guests attended NAHA 2012. To see the winners, click here.
3. More than 500 people attended CPNA 2012 educational seminars, including the sold-out stores tour I was involved with and the social-marketing seminar I moderated.
4. Dave Albers at Graham Professional Beauty Products celebrated 30 years in the beauty biz at this year’s show.
5. Graham Professional Beauty Products rep-award winners are: First Annual Dale Weaver Excellence, Dick Zurchauer, VNC Sales & Marketing; Rep of the Year (for the second time in the past three years), Brett Cohen, CFN Beauty Representation; Rep Group of the Year: VNC Sales & Marketing Midwest.
6. The 2012 Discover Beauty Award went to Layla Cosmetics from Italy.
7. Three Discover Beauty brands, Marula—The Leakey Collection, Recipe for men and Fairiche, were selected for a Discover Beauty pop-up store on BeautySage.com, the new ecommerce site co-founded by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen.
8. Sally Beauty Supply recognized four vendors as “Partners in Progress” at a breakfast there: Andis Co., American International Industries, Namaste Laboratories and Hand & Nail Harmony.
9. Liz Fraker is now Hot Tools’ western regional sales manager.
[Image: Courtesy of Cosmoprof North America]